Mailing List Archive

rsyslog shutdown takes 30 seconds when lookup table is used
Hello.

I use rsyslog as a logserver for a few switches using a lookup table to create
log names. I takes 30 seconds to shutdown rsyslog. When I disable this
configuration rsyslog shuts down right away. I've had this problem for years
on different versions of rsyslog packaged in Debian and it happens on all the
machines I try to configure this on.
I've gone through the documentation several times but I can't find any timeout
that would cause this.

This is the config I use:

lookup_table(name="nethostname" file="/usr/local/etc/rsyslog/lookup_hostname.json")

template(name="hostname_log" type="string" string="/var/log/log-server/%$!nethostname%.log")

ruleset (name="rs-network") {
set $!nethostname = lookup("nethostname", $hostname);

action ( type="omfile" dynaFile="hostname_log")
}

Thank you for any help
regards
Martin