…but there is never anything written to /path/to/oversize.out

Is this expected behavior?

Thanks and regards,
Re: oversizemsg [ In reply to ]
please post your full config including any included files

rsyslogd -N1 -o /path/to/file

will create the combined config as rsyslog sees it, and report any config errors
it finds along the way.

David Lang

Re: oversizemsg [ In reply to ]
I reviewed the code - it's puzzling. It looks like the config system
for that param got implemented, but that part of the config is never
used. Looks a bit like PR is missing. I need to investigate closer.
I'd appreciate the creation of a github issue.

Rainer

Re: oversizemsg [ In reply to ]
Thank you Rainer, the ticket is created as requested (#5228). Please reach out if you have questions but it looks fairly straightforward.

Regards,