Mailing List Archive

audit logs writing to only audit.log
Good morning. I am trying to get the audit logs to be written only to
audit.log. Currently they are written to audit.log as well as syslog.
Here is my rsyslog.conf file - what a I doing wrong?

module(load="imfile")
module(load="imklog")
module(load="imjournal")

global(net.enableDNS="off" workDirectory=/var/spool/rsyslog"
maxMessageSize="128k")

$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf
$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat

##################### rules
audit.* ~/var/log/audit/audit.log
auth.warning;authpriv.info ~/var/log/auth.log
*.*;auth,authpriv.none ~/var/log/syslog
cron.info ~/var/log/cron.log
daemon.info ~/var/log/daemon.log
kern.* ~/var/log/kern.log
user.info ~/var/log/user.log
Re: audit logs writing to only audit.log [ In reply to ]
> *.*;auth,authpriv.none ~/var/log/syslog

That line writes everything to /var/log/syslog