Mailing List Archive

Merry Xmas and a happy new year!
Hi all,

I wanted to whish all of you a merry xmas and a happy new year. At the
same time, I'd like to thank all of you for your qualified comments,
encouragement and ideas, which helped make rsyslog become a premier
logging solution. Without an active community, no project can survive
and I am very happy to see such a great community backing this project.

Special thanks go to all those who also participate in the forum and
dispense knowledge here on the mailing list.

I can promise that 2009 will become a very exciting year for rsyslog,
too. There is still a lot of things in stock and even though the budget
cut has forced me to work at a somewhat slower pace, I am sure we will
see great enhancements. A number of companies have also asked about
sponsoring, so we may even be able to get back to full speed development
in 2009.

Please note that I take a break from the project from end of December to
January, 10th. So my response will be sluggish in that period. My
apologies for that.

I hope you, too, will enjoy a great holiday season. My your wishes come
true and your health be good! If we don't "talk" before the end of the
year, I also wanted to wish you a great end of the year.

Please keep your comments, ideas and feedback floating in 2009. This is
a great source of inspiration and much appreciated.

My warmest regards,
Rainer Gerhards