Mailing List Archive

defining own input module in rsyslog
Hi,

I am using imuxsock module of rsyslog.
I want to make a new module with some changes in the existing one.
in imuxsock.c the macros and callbacks are very confusing.
are there any steps i need to follow for developing my own module working with RSyslog?

i want to change imuxsock module work with stream protocol. as current implementation doesnt support binary message logging, i want to add binary message logging also in the same.

moreover, in the rsyslog.config i want to add one more directive $BINARYFILEPATH which specifies the pathname for binary file which all the binary messages will be logged into.

what changes will i require to get my code working?

Thanks,
Dhaivat....

Re: defining own input module in rsyslog [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I suggest that you have a look at the imtemplate modul, which was
specifically written to help understand the interface. Please come back
once you have reviewed it. I would also appreciate if you could do that
as a web-based forum thread, because that would make it easier for me to
refer other people with the same intention to that thread. The forum
link is

http://www.rsyslog.com/forum

Thanks,
Rainer