I found out that using '$HUPisRestart off' with 3.21.6 has an effect
on the ommysql module too.
More precisely I noted that changes made to $ActionOmmysqlServerPort
become effective. This might be useful if it's needed to change the
database port without doing a full configuration reload.

Please correct me if you think I got this wrong, thanks.

Regards,
Luigi
Re: New HUP directive effects on ommysql [ In reply to ]
Hi Luigi,

could you please double-check your observation? This should not happen,
as ommysql does not have any HUP handler. If that happens, we may have a
new track to what is the bug in your environment. I will concentrate on
a lab with MySQL enabled after I hear back from you.

Rainer

Re: New HUP directive effects on ommysql [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I looked into it more carefully and I get this by checking the
configuration file:

/path/to/rsyslogd -c3 -f /etc/rsyslog.conf -N1

rsyslogd: version 3.21.6, config validation run (level 1), master
config /etc/rsyslog.conf

rsyslogd: invalid or yet-unknown config file command - have you
forgotten to load a module? [try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/3003 ]

rsyslogd: the last error occured in /etc/rsyslog.conf, line 31
rsyslogd: End of config validation run. Bye.

Indeed, line 31 is where I have the $HUPisRestart directive.

Even if 3.21.6 is the latest released development version it occurred
to me that this feature might only be in the repository at this time.
If that's the case then I'm sorry about the noise.

Regards,
Luigi
Re: New HUP directive effects on ommysql [ In reply to ]
Oh, sorry, I think we got the trouble spot ;) It is currently available
as part of the "nextmaster" branch. I am right now in the process of
switching stable/beta/master versions and nextmaster is what will be the
new master when this is done.

Rainer