cheers,
raoul

[1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc. email. r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG web. http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11 email. office at ipax.at
1190 Wien tel. +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien fax. +43 1 3670030 15
archiving rsyslog list via gossamer-threads [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 13:46 +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
> hi,
>
> as i am quite frequently using gossamer-threads to search mailinglists
> such as linux-ha/pacemaker/etc., i was wondering weather rsyslogd
> could too move to gossamer-threads.

"move" implies that the current solution goes away... I hope that's
wrong understanding. I guess it is more like www.mail-archive.com, which
simply subscribes to the list, archives posts and indexes them.

> from the bottom of [1] i take:

> rainer, any objections to sign up there?

If it is like mail-archive and I do not need to do anything than to say
"OK", that's fine with me. If it is more work, I quite honestly do not
see why I should want that ;)

Rainer

archiving rsyslog list via gossamer-threads [ In reply to ]
Rainer Gerhards wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 13:46 +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> as i am quite frequently using gossamer-threads to search mailinglists
>> such as linux-ha/pacemaker/etc., i was wondering weather rsyslogd
>> could too move to gossamer-threads.
>
> "move" implies that the current solution goes away... I hope that's
> wrong understanding. I guess it is more like www.mail-archive.com, which
> simply subscribes to the list, archives posts and indexes them.
>> from the bottom of [1] i take:
>>>
>> rainer, any objections to sign up there?
>
> If it is like mail-archive and I do not need to do anything than to say
> "OK", that's fine with me. If it is more work, I quite honestly do not
> see why I should want that ;)

to my understanding, it indeed is archiving only. and thats the sole
reason i suggested that. so let me rephrase it without the wrong term
"move":

i was wondering whether rsyslog could also be archived via
gossamer-threads.

;)

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc. email. r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG web. http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11 email. office at ipax.at
1190 Wien tel. +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien fax. +43 1 3670030 15
archiving rsyslog list via gossamer-threads [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

it was suggested from users of the rsyslog project, that we have the
rsyslog mailing list added to Gossamer Threads (see below). It is a
mailman mailing list hosted at

I was pointed to this mail address. Please let us know what needs to be
done or whatever information you may need.

Many thanks for looking into this.

Rainer Gerhards
rsyslog project admin

Re: archiving rsyslog list via gossamer-threads [ In reply to ]
Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for your fast and efficient help. Much appreciated.

Rainer