atomic operations:

http://lists.adiscon.net/pipermail/rsyslog/2008-April/000728.html

While the post contains a potentially good pointer to a solution, I do
not know how to apply it to rsyslog ;) If anyone could lend me a helping
hand, that would be great. In the meantime, I'll simply go and make a
--enable-atomic ./configure switch - that's IMHO the best solution given
the current state of affairs.

Rainer
autoconf support for atomic operations [ In reply to ]
Hold on... I should have searched first, then asked. Looks like I found
a solution. Will post more later.

Rainer

autoconf support for atomic operations [ In reply to ]
Yes, looks like it works. This is what I did:

http://git.adiscon.com/?p=rsyslog.git;a=commitdiff;h=988989e49ef8639123c
83383ba256c4e67679c8d

Comments are appreciated.

Rainer

autoconf support for atomic operations [ In reply to ]
Rainer,
I cloned your repo with

$ git clone http://git.adiscon.com/git/rsyslog.git rsyslog.git

now, I'm completely clueless about git, but I'm unable to find the
helgrind branch with

$ git branch -r

I tried doing a git pull, but all I got was an "Already up-to-date."
reply...

Should I simply wait for the helgrind branch to get merged into master, or
there is some way to pull the new branch here?

Thank you very much, yours

lorenzo

+-------------------------+----------------------------------------------+
| Lorenzo M. Catucci | Centro di Calcolo e Documentazione |
| catucci at ccd.uniroma2.it | Universit? degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata" |
| | Via O. Raimondo 18 ** I-00173 ROMA ** ITALY |
| Tel. +39 06 7259 2255 | Fax. +39 06 7259 2125 |
+-------------------------+----------------------------------------------+

autoconf support for atomic operations [ In reply to ]
Hi Lorenzo,

I pushed the helgrind branch only a few minutes ago. It may be worth retrying

$ git pull
$ git branch -r

In any case, I expect that I merge the helgrind branch into master as soon as possible (which may mean quite a while, though).

Rainer

autoconf support for atomic operations [ In reply to ]
Lorenzo and all,

much quicker than I expected, I found one quirk that could - though very
unlikely - be at the root of all these problems. I have done a first
fix, which can be found here:

http://git.adiscon.com/?p=rsyslog.git;a=commitdiff;h=4c96ebdcfe075e80810b01257cf21ea1c9b3ec0e

I'd appreciate if you could pull the helgrind branch and see if
something changes. If you can't pull it for whatever reason, a snapshot
is available via the gitweb:

http://git.adiscon.com/?p=rsyslog.git;a=snapshot;h=4c96ebdcfe075e80810b01257cf21ea1c9b3ec0e;sf=tgz

Rainer