Mailing List Archive

ripMIME 1.3-dev release
Good day all,

I've completed the 1.2.x releases with the submission of 1.2.17.0 - any future releases would strictly be for security issues only.

The new 1.3-dev release will be where all the attention and development effort is being focused.

1.3-dev is now available at:
http://www.pldaniels.com/ripmime/ripmime-1.3.dev.tar.gz

If you are a developer or use ripMIME within a production environment then obviously I do not suggest the use of 1.3-dev, rather wait until I start releasing 1.3.x [stable].

The focus of 1.3.x series is to bring in greater information availability from the headers of the emails. Increasing verbosity will provide developers and script-writers with more information to use ( or to ignore if they so wish ). Additionally, Im going to look into providing function callback facilities for some parts of the ripMIME decoding process though I admittedly am not sure [yet] what sections to consider for this.

Many thanks for all of you who have submitted patches previously and many thanks to those of you who test ripMIME in your environments, your efforts are sincerely appreciated.

Kind Regards.

--
Paul L Daniels http://www.pldaniels.com
Linux/Unix systems Internet Development