Mailing List Archive

Isolating text body
Hi,

I just found out about ripmime while searching the web for a solution to
something that's delaying my final move from Windows to Linux.

You see, I have been using Eudora as a mail client for quite a while, and a
feature of it which I have been unable to identify in any of the free
mailers is the separation between the attachment and the message body
itself. Eudora puts the attachment in a separate folder, while keeping the
textbody in its mail folders. This is nice because it allows me to delete
the attachment without deleting the message along with it -- usually I like
to keep such messages as a record of what went on.

Now ripmime provides us with the possibility of automatically creating the
equivalent of Eudora's attachment folder -- but can it at the same time
delete the attachment from the message file, so the message file can become
quite small?

If it can, please tell me how to do so; if it doesn't, wouldn't this be a
nice feature, specially if you can wrap a daemon of sorts around it, so
that it constantly monitors the incoming mail box?

Congratulations on a great idea and a fine utility.

Regards,

Clodoveu Davis
Belo Horizonte, Brazil