Mailing List Archive

Funky new BASE64 encoded mailpacks - followup
I've just checked through my ripMIME source and was relieved to read the following:

// Because there are some mail-agents out there which are REALLY naughty
// and do things like sticking random blank lines into B64 data streams
// (why o why!?) we need to have a settable option here to decide if
// we want to test for double-CR breaking or just ignore it
//
// To avoid this, we relax the double-CR extention, and say "Okay, we'll let
// you have a single blank line - but any more than that and we'll slap you
// hand". Honestly, I do not like this solution, but it seems to be the only
// way to preserve decoding accurancy without resorting to having to use
// a command line switch to dictate which method to use ( NO-CR's or ignore
// CR's ).

Okay, that covers most of the situations, but it may still truncate a stream of data with 2 breaks in it.

I'm quickly fixing up ripMIME to handle these multiple break situations (if possible - without breaking _everything
else_ ).

--
Paul L Daniels - PLD Software - Xamime
Unix systems Internet Development A.B.N. 19 500 721 806