Mailing List Archive

More major changes in 1.3-DEV
Don't you just hate it when 1 mailpack can cause so much grief.

There was a lot of fiddling and farting around - trying to stop ripMIME from segfaulting due to excessive stack
consumption (endless or very deep recursion).

Hopefully everything is solved now - and I even managed to remove the need to use the --qmail-bounce flag.

If everyone can try and test against their mail archives, I'd be greately appreciative.

http://www.pldaniels.com/ripmime/ripmime-1.3.dev.tar.gz

Anyhow, here's the change log for the day;

Sat Mar 06 2004
- PLD:DEV:
Unbelievable amount of restructuring required so I could get 2
mailpacks with seperate problems to work.

Improved the discrimination and speed of the BS_cmp() operation
by first taking a count of all the numeric+alpha chars in the
boundary and then comparing against the existing boundaries. This
helps speed things up because there's no longer a string
comparison per test if there's not even going to be a chance
of a match. Also, the discrimination is improved because I had an incident where
two boundaries existed, with one being a substring of the other,
this was passing through ripMIME with the previous 1.3-dev release
for some reason.

A lot of code was removed from the MIME_unpack_stage2() call and placed
rather into seperate function calls. The new function calls are;

MIME_handle_multipart()
MIME_handle_rfc822()
MIME_handle_plain()

No doubt more of these will be added over time as I work my way through
the old code.

The need for the --qmail-bounce option seems to now have vanished as I
have modified the way I scan for RFC822 data within the headers.

Regards

--
Paul L Daniels - PLD Software - Xamime
Unix systems Internet Development A.B.N. 19 500 721 806