Thanks and regards
Ram

http://clients.rediff.com/signature/track_sig.asp"]
Re: help requiredf or AIX [ In reply to ]
> Im very much new to ripmime and i need help for compiling the same on AIX. First and foremost question, Will ripmime
> support AIX? If yes,what are the changes to be done to the source?

I have heard of other people building ripMIME on/for AIX, however, I do not have access to an AIX machine to test.

The worst that I can think that will be needed is perhaps an alternative set of #include files... maybe.

Try 'make' ripMIME and see what errors come up.

Regards.

--
Paul L Daniels http://www.pldaniels.com
Linux/Unix systems Internet Development
Re: help requiredf or AIX [ In reply to ]
Hi Paul,

I have access to AIX machines. Initially when I ran make the tnef part
didn't pickup the $CC variable from the parent and the native c compiler
didn't like the compiler options. When I forced it to gcc those were OK,
but I got this:

In file included from tnef.c:45:
config.h:73: warning: redefinition of `int16'
/usr/include/sys/inttypes.h:623: warning: `int16' previously declared here
config.h:75: warning: redefinition of `int32'
/usr/include/sys/inttypes.h:624: warning: `int32' previously declared here
config.h:77: conflicting types for `int8'
/usr/include/sys/inttypes.h:622: previous declaration of `int8'

Trouble in River City ;-)

cheers, Phil

--

Phil Crooker ORIX Australia 61 8 8228 8806
UNIX SysAdmin pcrooker@orix.com.au 61 8 8228 8855 (fax)
Re: Re: help requiredf or AIX [ In reply to ]
We'll have to wait on his Majesty - to fix I'd actually have to *think* to
work it out ;)

You could just use metamail temporarily. The syntax from the old inflex
is:

${metamail} -r -q -x -w ${tmpdir}/receivedmail

You'll want to have a look at the metamail man page to learn what the
parameters are and what to use to match ripmime.

Paul will get back.... (Paul, BTW, I'm happy to try stuff you suggest ...)

cheers, Phil

On 31 Dec 2003, rachuri ramakrishna rao wrote:

> Hi

Thanks for your reply. I am also getting the same error messages while compiling the ripmime. Did you get through the compilation and install ripmime? Please help me in compiling the same.

Anticipating a reply.

Thanks & Regds
Rama

Re: help requiredf or AIX [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:40:16 +1030 (CST)
Phil Crooker <pcrooker@orix.com.au> wrote:

> We'll have to wait on his Majesty - to fix I'd actually have to *think* to
> work it out ;)

*laugh* I'm getting there, slowly.

I suspect, as it's the TNEF side of things causing the compile issues, it's because within the TNEF files is/are
definitions for int32/16 as types - hence the clash.

One solution is to just do a mass search/replace of the tnef.c code for int16 (and int32) and replace with tnt16 and
tnt32... try then *shrug*

Regards.

Re: help requiredf or AIX [ In reply to ]
> I suspect, as it's the TNEF side of things causing the compile issues, it's because within the TNEF files is/are
> definitions for int32/16 as types - hence the clash.

Yes, if I take the tnef out of the Makefile, it compiles no problem, but
the linker fails because there are tnef things required elsewhere:

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .TNEF_set_debug
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .TNEF_set_decode
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .TNEF_set_verbosity

There were also the following warnings:

mime.c: In function `MIME_is_file_RFC822':
mime.c:992: warning: implicit declaration of function `strcasecmp'
mime.c: In function `MIME_decode_text':
mime.c:1390: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp'
gcc -Wall -g -c ffget.c
gcc -Wall -g -c MIME_headers.c
MIME_headers.c: In function `MIMEH_save_doubleCR':
MIME_headers.c:586: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
gcc -Wall -g -c rawget.c
gcc -Wall -g -c pldstr.c
gcc -Wall -g -c logger.c
gcc -Wall -g -c libmime-decoders.c
gcc -Wall -g -c boundary-stack.c
gcc -Wall -g -c uuencode.c
uuencode.c: In function `UUENCODE_is_uuencode_header':
uuencode.c:261: warning: implicit declaration of function `strncasecmp'

> One solution is to just do a mass search/replace of the tnef.c code for int16 (and int32) and replace with tnt16 and
> tnt32... try then *shrug*

If I do that, all hell breaks loose.

You probably already know, but AIX is a bsd derivative.

cheers, Phil