still being worked on, I would only have to re do this with each release.

Louis Solomon
www.SteelBytes.com
Re: change request [ In reply to ]
> I could just do this my self to the existing code, but since ripmime it is
> still being worked on, I would only have to re do this with each release.

I was planning on rewrapping a lot of the functionality so that it mostly worked on memory buffers - rather than direct
files - so, perhaps, let's see what you are trying to do - and see if that works in with where we're going to go.

Regards.

--
Paul L Daniels http://www.pldaniels.com
Linux/Unix systems Internet Development
Re: change request [ In reply to ]
> I was planning on rewrapping a lot of the functionality so that it
> mostly worked on memory buffers - rather than direct files - so,
> perhaps, let's see what you are trying to do - and see if that works
> in with where we're going to go.

great.
I wish to use it to rip apart emails for virus scanning.
I currently am passing emails to Sophos AV using their savi API. but
unfortunately, this doesn't hande slightly strange and non RFC compliant
attachments, and hence misses many virus. so I want to unpack, and then
send to sophos.

Louis Solomon
www.SteelBytes.com
Re: change request [ In reply to ]
Hi,

What I do is:

decode the mailpack with ripmime --no-ole (but with tnef decoding)
unzip/arc/gz/whatever if required
ripole to get out any embedded attachments in MS Office files
then scan with antivirus

ripole is a bit primitive currently but is *much* better than nothing.

cheers, Phil