Chris Gallardo
Network Services
278-9067
rancid and HP 410x switches using ssh [ In reply to ]
Chris Gallardo wrote:

> Is there a way to use the HP driver in rancid to make an ssh connection
> to an HP switch instead of telnet?

In your configuration file, do:

add method <router name glob> ssh telnet

where router name glob matches your HP switches. This will make them use
SSH first, then failover to telnet if SSH doesn't work.

This information is in man .cloginrc

_____________________
Justin Grote
Network Architect
JWG Networks
rancid and HP 410x switches using ssh [ In reply to ]
It is a little more complex than that; hrancid uses hpuifilter to filter
the screen handling control characters/esc seqs. It needs additional
code to handle ptys and /dev/tty for ssh. Alternatively, I finally
figured out how to make expect (tcl) match escapes - reliably...just
havent had time to work on it.

Wed, May 04, 2005 at 05:12:44PM -0600, Justin Grote:

rancid and HP 410x switches using ssh [ In reply to ]
And you should certainly trust john over me, seeing as I haven't ever
had to use it on an HP 4100 :)

--
Justin Grote