modify the copy and rancid-fe script. Is it right?

---
Sem.
shorten rules [ In reply to ]
On 16.06.2004 15:38 Sergey Matveychuk wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm a newcomer to rancid. My proposal is here.
> It's looks like I can't set in .cloginrc somethink like:
> add autoenable * 1
> add autoenable some-ip 0
>
> My .cloginrc grows to tens lines w/o this feature. It will be great to
> implement it.

But you may do it the otherway round :-)

add autoenable some-ip 0
add autoenable * 1

The seconf will not overwrite the first

Arnold
shorten rules [ In reply to ]
Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 03:55:07PM +0200, Arnold Nipper:
> On 16.06.2004 15:38 Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm a newcomer to rancid. My proposal is here.
> > It's looks like I can't set in .cloginrc somethink like:
> > add autoenable * 1
> > add autoenable some-ip 0
> >
> > My .cloginrc grows to tens lines w/o this feature. It will be great to
> > implement it.
> >

> But you may do it the otherway round :-)
>
> add autoenable some-ip 0
> add autoenable * 1
>
> The seconf will not overwrite the first

Or more to the point, "the first match wins". note that in order for this
to match, you would have to type

clogin some-ip

clogin does not attempt to resolve a name (or visa versa) for the purpose
of scanning .cloginrc.
shorten rules [ In reply to ]
Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 05:38:36PM +0400, Sergey Matveychuk:

> And a question. If I need to use other commands to get configuration from my
> CISCO systems, what is the best way to do so? I think to clone rancid and
> modify the copy and rancid-fe script. Is it right?

For now, yes.