Mailing List Archive

Problem with extreme
Hello

Running rancid against a Alpine 3808 ExtremeWare 6.2.2 I run into
the following problem:

sven at nms-w3:~/confgs/core$ xrancid -d alpine
executing clogin -t 90 -c "show version;show memory;show diagnostics;show switch;show slot;show configuration detail;show configuration" alpine
PROMPT MATCH: alpine:\d+ ?#
HIT COMMAND:alpine:3 # show version
In ShowVersion: alpine:3 # show version
HIT COMMAND:alpine:4 # show memory
In ShowMemory: alpine:4 # show memory
HIT COMMAND:alpine:6 # show switch
In ShowSwitch: alpine:6 # show switch
HIT COMMAND:alpine:8 # show configuration detail
In WriteTerm: alpine:8 # show configuration detail
End WriteTerm: # End of configuration file for "alpine".
alpine: missed cmd(s): show configuration,show diagnostics,show slot
alpine: missed cmd(s): show configuration,show diagnostics,show slot

Running the command (clogin ...) manually I get some missing characters in
the output, which I guess trigger the problem:

alpine:5 # how diagnostics

Syntax error at token how

Available commands:
<cr> clear configure create delete disable download enable exit history
logout nslookup ping quit reboot restart rtlookup run save scp2 show
ssh2 telnet traceroute unconfigure upload use xping

alpine:6 # show switch

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sven
Problem with extreme [ In reply to ]
Wed, May 12, 2004 at 04:29:14PM +0100, Sven Huster:
> Hello
>
> Running rancid against a Alpine 3808 ExtremeWare 6.2.2 I run into
> the following problem:

> Running the command (clogin ...) manually I get some missing characters in
> the output, which I guess trigger the problem:

> alpine:5 # how diagnostics
>
> Syntax error at token how
>
> Available commands:
> <cr> clear configure create delete disable download enable exit history
> logout nslookup ping quit reboot restart rtlookup run save scp2 show
> ssh2 telnet traceroute unconfigure upload use xping
>
> alpine:6 # show switch
>
> Any ideas?

A WAG, clogin is stumbling over the pager. try disabling the pager, share
clogin's output
clogin -c .... alpine > out