device_name device_type change_date change(s)

i know that it can be done, but before i go and try to reinvent the
wheel [tm], i thought i would ask if anyone was willing to share. :)
if not, it will be a good opportunity to improve my awk skills

thanks

/joshua

fools.
- Douglas Adams -
using rancid/cvs to generate reports [ In reply to ]
not sure I understand, isn't cvsweb.cgi or the similars good for you ?
it has "Age" column that can indicate last change date (at least ViewCVS
does)

Yuval

using rancid/cvs to generate reports [ In reply to ]
On (23/04/04 13:35), Yuval Ben-Ari wrote:

> not sure I understand, isn't cvsweb.cgi or the similars good for you ?
> it has "Age" column that can indicate last change date (at least ViewCVS
> does)

yuval,

i use cvsweb or viewcvs, but the key term in my request was:

> > 'executive readable'

hence the need for the ability to dump it out in to a text file that can
then be parsed to populate a spreadsheet

thanks

/joshua

fools.
- Douglas Adams -
using rancid/cvs to generate reports [ In reply to ]
iirc, ISC folks wrote some rancid-output groveling scripts which may give
you a head-start.

Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 09:44:43AM -0400, joshua sahala:

using rancid/cvs to generate reports [ In reply to ]
On (23/04/04 14:52), john heasley wrote:

> iirc, ISC folks wrote some rancid-output groveling scripts which may give
> you a head-start.

john,

yes they did - i'll dig through the tool-maker's archives today, and
maybe ask on that list...but joe abley's scripts are a great start

thanks

/joshua

fools.
- Douglas Adams -