Mailing List Archive

*login in perl? (was Re: Cloginvs dollar signs)
'john heasley' wrote:

>[. i happened across this while googling for answers...
>
> After a duel with TCL, I return triumphant (but seriously injured; I took a
> blow to the head that may never heal...).
> - Daniel Jacobowitz
>]

and from the same post,

"
A friend of mine got so fed up with TCL that he rewrote DejaGNU in Perl,
which he's planning to publish in the next couple of weeks. I can see why.
- Daniel Jacobowitz
"

Has there been much discussion of rewriting *logins in perl? If so, is
the main hurdle you see porting the -s functionality?

-afort
*login in perl? (was Re: Cloginvs dollar signs) [ In reply to ]
Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 08:52:39PM +1100, Andrew Fort:
> 'john heasley' wrote:
>
> >[. i happened across this while googling for answers...
> >
> > After a duel with TCL, I return triumphant (but seriously injured; I took
> > blow to the head that may never heal...).
> > - Daniel Jacobowitz
> >]
> >

> and from the same post,
>
> "
> A friend of mine got so fed up with TCL that he rewrote DejaGNU in Perl,
> which he's planning to publish in the next couple of weeks. I can see why.
> - Daniel Jacobowitz
> "
>
> Has there been much discussion of rewriting *logins in perl? If so, is
> the main hurdle you see porting the -s functionality?

spot on. rewriting it in _something_ else, yes. and, yes, the -s option
is the primary concern.