Execution of .cloginrc aborted due to compilation errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

BK
krueger.b at portseattle.org
Special Characters [ In reply to ]
you have to escape the '$' character, so if your password is $3<ur3
you would need to put \$3<ur3 in your .cloginrc

/joshua
Special Characters [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 03:47:36PM -0400, Joshua Sahala wrote:
> you have to escape the '$' character, so if your password is $3<ur3
> you would need to put \$3<ur3 in your .cloginrc

Or put the password in {}:
add password rtr {$3<ur3} {en3ab6$$}

I put all of my passwords in {} just to be clean.
--asp
Special Characters [ In reply to ]
I think I'm doing something wrong. I added {} to .cloginrc and ran it, it still gave me output saying:

[root at p69rh186 rancid]# perl .cloginrc
Array found where operator expected at .cloginrc line 69, at end of line
Semicolon seems to be missing at .cloginrc line 69.
Number found where operator expected at .cloginrc line 70, near "Core1 1"
(Do you need to predeclare Core1?)
Semicolon seems to be missing at .cloginrc line 70.
Operator or semicolon missing before &step at .cloginrc line 71.
Ambiguous use of & resolved as operator & at .cloginrc line 71.
syntax error at .cloginrc line 70, near "r0und@}
"
Missing right curly or square bracket at .cloginrc line 118, at end of line
Execution of .cloginrc aborted due to compilation errors.

Here's my .cloginrc script (at least it's all that's not commented out)

add user P69-Core1 jb3
add password P69-Core1 {r0und@}
add autoenable P69-Core1 1
add password t91-wanrtr {l00k&step}
Special Characters [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 01:44:47PM -0700, Krueger, Brian wrote:
> [root at p69rh186 rancid]# perl .cloginrc

Its not a perl program.
Its an expect script sourced by the *login scripts.
--asp
Special Characters [ In reply to ]
Ok, so how would I test it?
Special Characters [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 02:16:11PM -0700, Krueger, Brian wrote:
> Ok, so how would I test it?

Try logging into the router with the appropriate *login script.
e.g.:

clogin P69-Core1
clogin t91-wanrtr

[or jlogin for junipers or ...]