possible to hack a "recorded" expect session with a 1900 that gets me to
the command line into a RANCID script so that it can work?

Mark
Catalyst 1900 [ In reply to ]
Hi

Running TACACS+ makes things easier...
All you then have to do is insert the 'K' before
username and password at the "Enter Selection:" prompt.
Hacking the clogin to do this is quite straight forward..

admin 16% /usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin grumpy
<snip>
<snip>
Catalyst 1900 Management Console
Copyright (c) Cisco Systems, Inc. 1993-1998
All rights reserved.
Enterprise Edition Software
<snip>
<snip>

2 user(s) now active on Management Console.

User Interface Menu

[M] Menus
[K] Command Line

Enter Selection: K
Authentication using TACACS+ is in progress.

User Access Verification

Username: rancid
Password: **********

CLI session with the switch is open.
To end the CLI session, enter [Exit].

Enter password: ********
grumpy#

Hope this helps.

-Andr?

Catalyst 1900 [ In reply to ]
Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 12:46:20PM +0200, Andre van der Merwe:

> Hi
>
> Running TACACS+ makes things easier...
> All you then have to do is insert the 'K' before
> username and password at the "Enter Selection:" prompt.
> Hacking the clogin to do this is quite straight forward..

I do not have a 1900, but someone mentioned to me that with an
enterprise s/w release, you could get the cli w/o any goofy
menu system. that would be the optimal solution.