Mailing List Archive

No subject
Hello,

I've just installed Rancid on a Linux BOX, and when i am doing the do-diffs
i have a problem with some CISCO commands not listed in the IOS:

=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 4.
ir00.pul.lsn.lb0.ch.vtxnet.net: missed cmd(s): show bootvar,dir /all
sup-microcode:,show boot,show vlan,dir /all slot0:,show c7200,show
module,dir /all slot1:,write term,dir /all sup-bootflash:,dir /all
nvram:,dir /all slot2:,show diag,show controllers cbus,show env all,dir /all
disk0:,dir /all disk1:,show vtp status,dir /all disk2:,show gsr chassis,show
variables boot,show controllers,dir /all bootflash:,show diagbus,show
flash,show install active
ir00.pul.lsn.lb0.ch.vtxnet.net: End of run not found
!ROM Bootstrap: Version 11.1(20)AA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Is there any possibilities to disable these commands ? Or is it working
anyway ?

Regards,

Nicolas

STRINA Nicolas
IP Network Engineer
VTX Services - Internet Service Provider
Av. de Lavaux, 101 CH-1009 Pully
nicolas.strina at smart-telecom.ch
http://www.vtx.ch
No Subject [ In reply to ]
Unsupported commands are not a big deal. The 'End of run not found' is
not good however.

Set 'NOPIPE=YES; export NOPIPE' in <rancid dir>/bin/env. Then run
do-diffs. A file will be created with the exact output form rancid.
The file will be called <router name>.raw Review this file to determine
why there is not a 'end' to the 'write term' command.

Hope this helps,
Joe
No Subject [ In reply to ]
Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 05:10:01AM -0800, Rizzo, Joe:
> Unsupported commands are not a big deal. The 'End of run not found' is
> not good however.
>
> Set 'NOPIPE=YES; export NOPIPE' in <rancid dir>/bin/env. Then run
> do-diffs. A file will be created with the exact output form rancid.
> The file will be called <router name>.raw Review this file to determine
> why there is not a 'end' to the 'write term' command.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Joe

you also need to specify the '-d' option to rancid, else this file
will be deleter.

another useful data-point is what appears at the end of the <router name>.new
file. this will provide clues as to what command's output and maybe what
within that output caused the heart-burn.

given the first command in the missed list is show bootvar, i suspect it
is 'show boot' that triggered it. what o/p do you get from this command?