Mailing List Archive

Email Body Modifications- restriction avoid sending config data
Hello,

Is there a way to avoid sending actual configuration data in the email body message, and only send when and what device changed, but not what changed on the device. So for instance below showing the device changed, and shows the revision#, but then strips off the configuration data from the email. So, then once an email is received this would prompt us to goto the viewvc site and choose the specific device, and view the specific configuration that changed. Just trying to avoid send any configuration data via email.

[cid:image001.png@01DA0995.BDC8EE10]
Then strip the rest of the email message that contains the configuration data.

I have attempted this via Postfix with no luck. Postfix I can modify the header information (recipients, senders, subject field etc...), but postfix doesn't allow manipulation of the email body that I know of, at least not very easily.

Michael O'Connor
Technical Network Architect
Atos ITO Network Services, USA
Mobile (734) 320-9701