Enterprise IT Architect
Aechelon Technology, Inc.
E-Mail: elliot.wilen@aechelon.com
Re: Aruba instant OS -- dealing with lack of "end" in show configuration [ In reply to ]
Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 05:31:40PM +0000, Elliot Wilen:
> HI, all,
>
> I've been working on a .pm file for our Aruba Instant AP setup (which I'm defining as arubaos in the types file), using foundry.pm as a starting point, but whenever I run rancid -d -t arubaos <device>, I get "End of run not found", "clean_run is false", and "found_end is false. Eventually after messing with the .raw file I realized the problem was that "show configuration" doesn't put "end" at the end. I realize I could hack this by changing the .pm to always set $found_end to 1, but I wonder if there's a better way.
>
> I'll note that for whatever reason, show configuration does end with 6 blank lines, so I might be able to use that. Or, a bit more kludgy, I could look for the last line that actually does print-only problem is, it is something that could theoretically change, although we would never change it in practice.

Those options seem like things that could easily break w/ new kernels.

The reason for this check is to ensure that device actually produces a
config. Some devices produce their human-readable config from non-homan
readable sources. when they have issues such as memory starvation that
prevent that from being produced, they will sometimes silently.

So, find a method to determine that it has produced the full config, then
set found_end if that check passes. Some just check that no errors were
returned and greater than 5 lines of config were received.

Re: Aruba instant OS -- dealing with lack of "end" in show configuration [ In reply to ]
Try: https://github.com/jrbinks/rancid-arubaos (forked from https://github.com/miken32/rancid-aruba).

I've never used it on Instant, but I think the OS when running in Instant mode is much the same?

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,

Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, number SC015263.