Mailing List Archive

set community delete CUST command in bgp .conf file and Malformed communities attribute error in quagga
Hi Team,

I am going to use bgp++
tool(http://griley.ece.gatech.edu/MANIACS/BGP++/) to generate conf files
for my BGP daemons for a topology. The bgp++ generates a conf file for
each BGP daemon in the topology.

The problem is that when I use the generated conf file by bgp++ tool to
run a BGP daemon, I got this error:
% Malformed communities attribute

I checked the generated conf files by bgp++ and I found that the error
is because of this command: "set community delete CUST"

I have no idea about this command and what that means. I concern if I
remove that command, my topology and BGP configuration will be
incomplete.

Any help or suggestion?!

Best,
Shahrooz
Re: set community delete CUST command in bgp .conf file and Malformed communities attribute error in quagga [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 11:54 AM, shahrooz <shahrooz@cs.umass.edu> wrote:

> The problem is that when I use the generated conf file by bgp++ tool to
> run a BGP daemon, I got this error:
> % Malformed communities attribute
>
> I checked the generated conf files by bgp++ and I found that the error is
> because of this command: "set community delete CUST"

bgp++ expected you to correctly define CUST for the options you selected
and you didn't. Or perhaps the tool asked "what's the community for XX?"
and you incorrectly responded "CUST." It's a problem with how you're using
bgp++. I'm not familiar with bgp++; try asking them.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin ................ herrin@dirtside.com bill@herrin.us