Telnet to port 2605 for BGP commands is OK.

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks you so much in advance.
Re: Ping/Traceroute commands issue [ In reply to ]
Hi!

> I am trying to set up Quagga router as a BGP router for Looking Glass.
> I am facing the following issue right now: when I log in to port 2601 in
> order to run
> ping or traceroute command I am getting the error message:

Log into the unix shell on the box that runs quagga, not to the quagga process.

The quagga processes do not implement ping or traceroute as a sub-command.

--
pi@opsec.eu +49 171 3101372 3 years to go !
Re: Ping/Traceroute commands issue [ In reply to ]
The error is informing you that the command ping is not available in the
shell.

You can use ping from the vtysh shell.

I do not know what a Looking Glass is (other than a mirror) but I don't
think it's relevant to what you're asking about anyway.

Regards,
Michael.

Re: Ping/Traceroute commands issue [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.
I have a web server which logs into the quagga via telnet, that's why I need ping/traceroute commands from there.