Any help or pointers appreciated

Thank you
charles
Re: BGP advertisement in quagga [ In reply to ]
> In quagga , does eBGP advertise prefix to the peer, issued via network
command, 1) without checking to see if prefix is in IGP or routing table 2)
or the prefix needs to be in FIB to advertise?

So by default it will advertise the network even if there is no IGP route.
There is an undocumented command that makes Quagga only sends if an IGP
route exists (bgp network import-check).

Hopefully that is helpful.
-David
Re: BGP advertisement in quagga [ In reply to ]
David, Thank you for quick reply.

This is exactly what I was looking for, being new to quaaga with some cisco
background I was lost when eBGP(quagga) was advertising routes that were
not in FIB.

bgp network import-check worked perfectly for my setup.

Thanks again
charles