Mailing List Archive

BGP advertised routes not changing
Hello,
We have a quagga setup with ospf and BGP running on a linux machine with 2
network connections, say uplink and down stream link. BGP peer is on uplink
and ospf is running on downlink interface.
All routes that are to be advertised via BGP are injected via network
statement. Routes are learned by OSPF and put into Routing table.
Problem is when down link interface shut, all OSPF routes are gone and
Routing table has only uplink connected route entry but BGP still
advertises the OSPF routes lerant which are no longer in Routing table even
after 30 minutes.

I thought BGP should stop advertising the routes that are no longer in
Routing table. How do we trigger BGP to see that the routes no longer
exists?

What am I doing wrong? any help is appreciated.

Thanks
charles