Mailing List Archive

bgp received route not installed into quagga routing table
Hey Group,

I am a newbee just starting quagga, please forgive me if this question is
dump.

The problem is : I received bgp route at one quagga instance, while this
received route can not go into the routing table.

* On one side, the advertised route is : 184.164.241.0/24

* After I run "sh neighbor received-routes" at quagga instance on the
other side, I can find 184.164.241.0/24 in the list. I think this confirms
that I do receive the route
If I run "sh ip route" or "route -n", there is no "184.164.241.0/24"
exists. So route 184.164.241.0/24 isn't going to routing table.

* I already removed all route-map or prefix-list stuff, so there is no
bgp inbound policy exists.

* zebra daemon and bgpd daemon are running, as shows below.
mininet-vm# sh daemons
zebra bgpd

* zabra "ip forwarding" is enabled.

Since I do received the advertised route, I think the problem becomes zebra
configuration ( Please correct me if I am wrong! ). But I couldn't get it
figured after the efforts. I hope I can get some help from here. Much
appreciation of your time!

Qing
Re: bgp received route not installed into quagga routing table [ In reply to ]
To Clarify : I think the route is received, but *rejected by quagga for
some reason*, without I setting up any BGP inbound policy rules -- If I run
below two commands:
*1) show ip bgp neighbors <neighbor-ip-address> received-routes* command
displays all BGP received- routes (both accepted and rejected).
*2) show ip bgp neighbors <neighbor-ip-address> routes* command displays
all BGP received-routes that are accepted after filtering (using
route-maps, prefix-lists).
The prefix 184.164.241.0/24 exists in "received-routes" output, while not
exists in "routes" output. If I understand correctly, it means the prefix
is rejected for some reason. However, I dont have any BGP inbound policy (
i,e, route-maps, prefix-lists ).

Does anybody have any idea, or have some similar experience about this
issue? I really appreciate any help!

Qing