Mailing List Archive

Quagga 1.1.0 released

Quagga 1.1.0 has been released, available from the usual place:

https://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/quagga/

This is a release with a number of new features, and many bug fixes.
Notably:

* Greatly improved nexthop resolution for recursive routes. (Cumulus)
* Event driven nexthop resolution for BGP (Cumulus)
* Route tags support (Piotr Chyt³a, Packet Consulting)
* Transport of TE related metrics over OSPF, IS-IS (Olivier Dugeon, Orange)
* IPv6 Multipath for zebra and BGP (Ayan Banerjee, Cumulus)

This release also changed the default of 'link-detect' state,
controlling whether zebra will respond to link-state events and
consider an interface to be down when link is down. To retain current
the behavior save your config before updating, otherwise remove the
'link-detect' flag from your config prior to updating. There is also a
new global 'default link-detect (on|off)' flag to configure the global
default.

This release includes the security fixes of the 1.0.20161017 release.

Thanks to all the contributors, who include:

Andrej Ota <andrej@ota.si>
Avneesh Sachdev <avneesh@sproute.com>
Ayan Banerjee <ayan@cumulusnetworks.com>
Balaji <balajig81@gmail.com>
Boian Bonev <bbonev@ipacct.com>
boris yakubov <borisyakubov@ruggedcom.com>
Christian Franke <chris@opensourcerouting.org>
Christian Franke <nobody@nowhere.ws>
Colin Petrie <cpetrie@ripe.net>
Daniel Walton <dwalton@cumulusnetworks.com>
David Lamparter <equinox@opensourcerouting.org>
Denil Vira <denil@cumulusnetworks.com>
Dinesh Dutt <ddutt@cumulusnetworks.com>
Donald Sharp <sharpd@cumulusnetworks.com>
Evgeny Uskov <eu@qrator.net>
Igor Ryzhov <iryzhov@nfware.com>
Jafar Al-Gharaibeh <jafar@atcorp.com>
James Li <jli@cumulusnetworks.com>
Jonathan Hart <jono@onlab.us>
kitty <khiruthigai.balasubramanian@hpe.com>
Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
Matthieu Boutier <boutier@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr>
Olivier Dugeon <olivier.dugeon@orange.com>
Paul Jakma <paul.jakma@hpe.com>
Paul Jakma <paul@jakma.org>
Paul Jakma <paul@opensourcerouting.org>
Pawel Wieczorkiewicz <pwieczorkiewicz@suse.de>
Philippe Guibert <philippe.guibert@6wind.com>
Piotr Chyt³a <pch@packetconsulting.pl>
Pradosh Mohapatra <pmohapat@cumulusnetworks.com>
Roman Hoog Antink <rha@open.ch>
Stas Nichiporovich <stas@iptel.by>
Timo Teräs <timo.teras@iki.fi>
Udaya Shankara KS <shankara.k.s.u@gmail.com>
Vipin Kumar <vipin@cumulusnetworks.com>
Vivek Venkatraman <vivek@cumulusnetworks.com>

See the full changelog available at the above URL for further details.
A summary of the changes are as follows:

bgp: add "debug bgp allow-martians" next hops and related code/commands
bgp: bgp_nexthop init/free AFI_ETHER related NH tables
bgpd: Add a null check in bgp_address_del() function when connected addresses are removed.
bgpd: add aspath_aggregate_mpath that preserves path length
bgpd: Add [bestpath|multipath] option to 'show ip bgp x.x.x.x'
bgpd: Add clear command to force a bestpath recalculation and re-advertisement of a prefix
bgpd: Add flag to not change e{u,g}id on startup and run as unprivileged user
bgpd: Addition of bgp dampening configuration commands under IPv4/multicast
bgpd: Addition of dampening show commands under v4 unicast/multicast tree
bgpd: Add new configuration cli for graceful restart.
bgpd: Alow gracefull shutdown of peers
bgpd: atomic-aggregate is lost when we aggregate another aggregate that has atomic-aggregate
bgpd: bgp_nexthop_cache not deleted with peers
bgpd: Correct a few fuzz failures in BGP
bgpd: crash if attributes alone consume > 4096 bytes
bgpd: Display BGP paths with unreachable nexthops as invalid
bgpd: ditch unused bgp_node_*() functions
bgpd: divorce router-id logic from CLI & zebra
bgpd, doc: Allow route-map policy modifications to also affect route reflectors.
bgpd, doc, lib, zebra: nexthop-tracking in zebra
bgpd: don't count a route with an unreachable nexthop in PfxRcd
bgpd: Enable support for BGP IPV6 multipath.
bgpd: Fix aggregation issues found via ANVL
bgpd: Fix BGP_INFO_ATTR_CHANGED being cleared incorrectly
bgpd: fix BGP IPv6 route map error
bgpd: Fix buffer overflow error in bgp_dump_routes_func
bgpd: Fix code path that leads to uninitialized variables
bgpd: Fix crash in 'show ip bgp nexthop'
bgpd: fix MRT table dumps for locally-originated routes
bgpd: Fix NHT race with Connect leading to test tool issues
bgpd: fix off-by-one in attribute flags handling
bgpd: Fix 'show bgp ipv4 vpnv4 statistics' cli.
bgpd: Fix use after free in aspath_prepend with confeds
bgpd: fix wrong help strings of "match peer" and "no match peer" commands
bgpd: flag paths for multipath if we RX link-local and global nexthops
bgpd: iBGP multipath is broken if 'bgp deterministic-med' is enabled.
bgpd: implement admin distance
bgpd: Improve peer scaling
bgpd: IPv6 Multipath broken with nexthop global address
bgpd, lib: Clarify the different permutations of soft clearing a peer
bgpd, lib, ospfd, zebra: Add ability to read/write tag value
bgpd: Make aspath_highest 4-byte compatible for private AS
bgpd: Make "no redistribute" always remove the redistribute statement
bgpd: Make source interface selection in BGP for nexthop determination more robust
bgpd: Make the private AS number check 4 byte compatible.
bgpd: minor header/API clean up
bgpd, ospfd, ospf6d, ripd, ripngd, zebra: 'set metric -12' is broken in the parser
bgpd: Removed unused variable from 'struct attr_extra'
bgpd: Remove unused and leaking code
bgpd, ripngd, zebra: Remove duplicate PSIZE define
bgpd: Show more meaningful outq value in 'show ip bgp summary' output.
bgpd: Squash spurious "unknown afi" log messages
bgpd: Support matching on local preference in route-map
bgpd, vtysh: Add support for route tags
bgpd, zebra: Use next hop tracking for connected routes too
bgp: fix warning in bgp_nht.c
bgp: ignore NHT when bgpd has never connected zebra
bgp: restore missing check from original ignore NHT change
build: detect and create AM_SILENT_RULES macro if needed
build/pimd: remove special shell scripts
build: remove werror from buildtest.sh for now
build: support for "development build"
build: Test for features.h and move include to lib/zebra.h
build: turn off automake portability warnings
config: Remove unused library check
doc: add blurb on use of protobuf with FPM
doc: Add isisd.texi to quagga_TEXINFOS so it gets in dist tarball
doc: Update documentation for Traffic Engineering
fpm: Add protobuf support for FPM.
isisd: Add support of Traffic Engineering
isisd: API: area (L1), domain (L2) passwords
isisd: API: basic area config
isisd: API: basic circuit config
isisd: API: circuit password
isisd: API: LSP-MTU & area level
isisd: API: timers (IIH, CSNP, PSNP)
isisd: API: timers (LSP, SPF)
isisd: cleanup isis_circuit_lookup, errant from TE changes?
isisd: drop unused per-type metric values
isisd: fix a crash due to an lsp-mtu issue
isisd: fix an error that was probably a result of copypasting
isisd: fix assert warning
isisd: fix isis_circuit_af_set() on fresh circuit
isisd: fix isis_circuit_create()
isisd: fix is_type_set
isisd: fix network-type configuration
isisd: Fix size of malloc
isisd: fold up isis_circuit_is_type_set()
isisd: ignore unknown interfaces when adjusting IS-IS mtu
isisd: make sure that all interface addresses are advertised
isisd: Segmentation fault on isis daemon fixes
isisd: warn if there is an MTU issue on circuits
isisd: work around route table asserts for deleting node with info
*: Consolidate all double VIEW_NODE and ENABLE_NODE's
*: Fix duplicate commands from view/enable node consolidation
*: get rid of "MTYPE 0"
*: Remove C99ism, CI system runs builds with CFLAGS and compilers that barf
*: Remove some for statement declarations
*: Widen width of Zserv routing tag field.
lib: Abstract fd set operations
lib: add AF_ETHERNET/AFI_ETHER
lib: add api method to read current config path
lib: add event_counter
lib: Add new if_link_params structure
lib: Allow zclient do-over of connect on initial attempt
lib: change command logging to be off by default
lib: consolidate ntohf/htonf from ospfd/isisd TE to lib/network
lib: Consolidate VIEW_NODE to be ENABLE_NODE as well
lib: dump memory stats on core
lib: fix memory leak in zprivs_caps_init
lib: fix MIN/MAX macros to not double-eval
lib: Fix priviledge modification for vty group specified
lib: Fix regression in thread.c
lib: IEC559 tests are fragile, reduce to warning rather than error.
lib: keep hash of node's commands to detect duplicate installs
lib: Make distribute.c accepts both v4 and v6.
lib: Refactor read/write functionality
lib: Refactor thread_process_fd
lib: Remove unnecessary parentheses
lib: Replace lists with arrays to store read and write threads
lib: simplify distribute.c's code.
lib/stream: add float/double <-> IEEE-754 single/double mux/demuxers
lib: update Solaris multicast API (BZ#725)
lib: use constant to replace magic value for length of quagga_timestamp
opsf6d: Update router-LSA when nbr's interface-ID changes
ospf6d: Adding the initialization check in ospfv3_clean()
ospf6d: Add the missing ospf6 running check in show cmds
ospf6d: don't access nexthops out of bounds
ospf6d: Fix double increment of Sequence Number
ospf6d: Fixing a couple of issues with ospf6_route_remove () routine.
ospf6d: Fix loss of hello's on interface
ospf6d: fix off-by-one on display of spf reasons
ospf6d: implement admin distance
ospf6d: LA (local-address) bit related inter-op fix.
ospf6d, ripd, vtysh: Fix "no set metric" for ospf6 and RIP
ospf6d: Support for 'clear ipv6 ospf6 interface [ifname]
ospf6d: We should accept long form of "no redistribute"
osfd: Make OSPF compliant to the last sentence of this section in RFC 2328
ospfd: Add support Router Capabilities support to OSPF
ospfd: Don't wait for state change to Exchange to start LSReq
ospfd: fix - correct neighbor index on changing/p2p/virtual links
ospfd: Fix no ip ospf hello-interval
ospfd: fix non-zero metric when describing loopback addresses
ospfd: Make destination of p2p to multicast for LS-ACKS
ospfd: "show ip ospf neighbor" header spacing
ospfd: Support for 'clear ip ospf interface [IFNAME]'
ospfd: Update Traffic Engineering support
ospfd, vtysh: Add support for Route tags
pimd: Fix hang when doing nexthop lookup from zebra
pimd: send pim prune via correct interface when rpf upstream interface for a source changes
qpb: Add support for protobuf.
release: Bump version to 1.1.0
ripd: code simplification for redistribution.
ripd: Fix Null pointer dereference
ripd, ripngd: add support for route tags
ripd: split-horizon default differed between rip_interface_new and _reset
ripngd: code simplification for redistribution.
tests: Fix testbgpmpattr and make check, broken by BGP NHT.
Use only the ISC license for .proto files.
vtysh: Add ability to only look at one processes work queue
vtysh: Add support of new link-params CLI
vtysh: auto-generated vtysh_cmd.c file should depend on its creator
vtysh: Make ipv6 unicast/multicast address-family work
vtysh: service integrated-vtysh-config not being written to file
zebra: *addattr should use size_t len args, quell signed v unsigned warning
zebra: Add check to notice when an interface is unnumbered
zebra: Add command to configure default for link-state, and make it sticky
zebra: add developer test functions for FPM code
zebra: Add internal support for route tags
zebra: Add link parameters support to Zebra
zebra: add missing vty commands
zebra: add support for route tags
zebra: count iface up/down events and keep last time of their occurrence
zebra: Dissallow outside programs to delete Quagga routes
zebra: Enable fpm module to connect to remote fpm server
zebra: fix crash caused by using route-map with "set src"
zebra: Fix incorrectly flagged nexthop
zebra: Fix some warnings found during compile.
zebra: Gather and display detailed info about clients of Zebra
zebra: handle multihop nexthop changes properly
zebra: ipv6 multipath support
zebra: optionally use protobuf with FPM
zebra: Set link-detect on by default
zebra: stack overrun in IPv6 RA receive code (CVE-2016-1245)
zebra: Suppress displaying default config as part of running config
zebra: Update news with the status of link-detect and the global default
zserv: [pimd] fix - avoid dereferencing a NULL pointer

regards,
- --
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:
Imbalance of power corrupts and monopoly of power corrupts absolutely.
-- Genji

Re: Quagga 1.1.0 released [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 19 Oct 2016, Mathieu Arnold wrote:

> Up until 1.0.20161017, the tarballs were also available as .tar.xz,
> but the last two were not. Is this an oversight, or are the tar.xz
> files gone ?

Not gone, just not interested. I just used whatever compression matched
the tar argument burned into my fingers. Why?

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune: