stable?

Thanks,
Phil Spagnolo
Network Technology Engineer
The Boeing Company
Phone: (253) 657-7704
Fax: (253) 657-8903
MC: 3W-51
Re: ospf6d development advice [ In reply to ]
Spagnolo, Phillip A wrote:
> I am about to begin a development project on ospf6d. I checked out
> Quagga 0.96.5 and the latest version in cvs. The ospf6d code seems
> to be significantly changed between the two. Can anyone offer some
> advice as to where I should begin development? Is the latest
> version fairly stable?

Ospf6d code in 0.96.5 is obsolete. Code in CVS is complete rewrite.
There is no significant differences between ospf6d code in Zebra and
Quagga CVS. Code in Quagga has only some specific changes (privilege
separation, signal handling etc.). Ospf6d code is one of few things
in Zebra which has still active maintainer and code is evolving. I
recommend contact him if you have questions about ospf6d - Yasuhiro
Ohara <yasu@sfc.wide.ad.jp>.

I don't know how stable it is though, it works, but I haven't used it
in production.

regards,

--
Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd.
Re: ospf6d development advice [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Spagnolo, Phillip A wrote:

> I am about to begin a development project on ospf6d. I checked out
> Quagga 0.96.5 and the latest version in cvs. The ospf6d code seems
> to be significantly changed between the two. Can anyone offer some
> advice as to where I should begin development? Is the latest
> version fairly stable?

Yes.

CVS is essentially Yasuhiro's rewrite of ospf6d, as in current GNU
Zebra CVS, Quagga'fied (ie with support for privilege drop).

> Thanks,
> Phil Spagnolo
> Network Technology Engineer

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune:
Re: ospf6d development advice [ In reply to ]
ah, one thing, you must manually specify router-id to ospf6d.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: