--
With respect,
Boris
Re: Idea [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Boris Kovalenko wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have an idea to do Quagga more functional. Especially to
> implement full support of policy routing with it. And I may try to
> code FreeBSD related things (support of DIVERT sockets etc.). But I
> think that Quagga should migrate to solid configuration file to
> avoid route-map and other related statements duplication.

> What developers think about this idea? On one hand we need big
> restructuring of Quagga, on other hand we will get really nice
> all-in-one tool.

Depends on the idea.. what is it exactly? Major restructuring isnt a
problem per se if it results in goodness.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org Key ID: 64A2FF6A
warning: do not ever send email to spam@dishone.st

It's about Russia.
-- Woody Allen
Re: Idea [ In reply to ]
Hello, Paul!

>Depends on the idea.. what is it exactly? Major restructuring isnt a
>problem per se if it results in goodness.

Exactly - to do Quagga full featured routing daemon. It should support
as many routing protocols as possible and policy routing too. This will
help administrators to do their job in one place and more quickly. And
to do this task we should restructure Quagga for solid configuration
file support, I really see no reason to have as many configuration files
as routing daemons we have. IMHO. Looking forward another effect of
policy routing implementation will be ip accounting system in Quagga
just the way Cisco does. :) But of course, this is just a supposition.

--
With respect,
Boris