Additionlly, I was casting about for a procmail-like entity that
can deliver to a maildir, as well.

Any pointers?

everybodies' time...)

--
Brian Reichert The Internet Company
617-547-3600 x161 96 Sherman Street
reichert@internet.com Cambridge, MA 02140
Re: maildir-capable MUAs? [ In reply to ]
Brian <reichert@oneida.internet.com> writes:
>I've become enamourative of the whole maildir concept. However,
>I don't know which LDAs and/or MTA handle this format. In fact,
>I only know of qmail ( as an MTA ) and mutt ( as an MUA ) that
>support this concept.

I have a perl module (currently MailFolder-0.04), which provides an API
for interfacing to mail folders in a folder-independant manner.
Maildir support was added in 0.04, but I botched it horribly.
The next version (due out in a few weeks) will be a considerable
improvement.

I will also be including a pTk script that implements a gui mua
(just for kicks stop what you are doing and pronounce 'gui mua' out
load :-). It's real raw at this point, but if you'll notice my X-Mailer
field in the header, you'll notice it's at least minimally useful.

MailFolder is currently in alpha, so consider yourself warned.

Because MailFolder supports maildir, I'll be posting an announcement to
this list when I release the next version.

>everybodies' time...)

And bogart the information? Me thinks not. ;-)
--
thx,
kjj
Re: maildir-capable MUAs? [ In reply to ]
On 8 Mar 1997 kjj@primenet.com wrote:

> Date: 8 Mar 1997 15:20:30 -0000
> From: kjj@primenet.com
> To: djb-qmail@koobera.math.uic.edu
> Subject: Re: maildir-capable MUAs?
>
> Brian <reichert@oneida.internet.com> writes:
> >I've become enamourative of the whole maildir concept. However,
> >I don't know which LDAs and/or MTA handle this format. In fact,
> >I only know of qmail ( as an MTA ) and mutt ( as an MUA ) that
> >support this concept.

Does anyone know of an API for Maildir format? If not then maybe we
should all get together and develope one?

If I can ever get some time to do it I would like to hack IMAP to include
it and I also have a Sun Mailtool-like program that I would like to add
it to.

David Wayne Summers "Linux: The choice of a GNU generation."
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us PGP Public Key available on request.
PGP Key fingerprint = C0 E0 4F 50 DD A9 B6 2B 60 A1 31 7E D2 28 6D A8