Mailing List Archive

Maildir + Shadow Password
We are currently using Maildir and qmail-pop3d on a RedHat 3.03
(Linux) system.

We are migrating to RH4.1 with shadow passwords and would like
to keep using the Maildir format.

When searching the archives at ORNL, I could only find references
to qpopper supporting shadow, but evidently it does NOT support
Maildir.

With the help of the archives (especially Jan 97), I then had only
minor problems getting the qpopper modified, compiled and running
fine on a shadowed RH4.1 test system. But, of course, only by using
Mailbox format.

Is there a POP3 client supporting both shadow passwords and
the Maildir format? We have never had any problems with
Maildir and I want to stick with a known (to us) format.

Thanks,

William Kern