// email: remco@cam053212.student.utwente.nl
// www: http://cam053212.student.utwente.nl
// -- Never make any mistaeks --
Re: majordomo and qmail [ In reply to ]
qmail needs the right directory permissions on all the directories in the
chain above the $list/testlist file. Majordomo sets a permission to 750
(??) on one of the directories and it needs to be either 754 (or 755)
because qmail is not running as a superuser and is not in the same group
(most likely). Just make sure you as a normal user can get to the files
and then qmail will fly.

Bill

Re: majordomo and qmail [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Remco van de Meent wrote:

> There is a link from ~alias/.qmail-testlist-outgoing to $list/testlist.
You need to link $list/testlist to
~alias/.qmail-testlist-outgoing, you got it backwards.

-Dustin Marquess
Re: majordomo and qmail [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Dustin Marquess wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Remco van de Meent wrote:
>
>> There is a link from ~alias/.qmail-testlist-outgoing to $list/testlist.
> You need to link $list/testlist to
>~alias/.qmail-testlist-outgoing, you got it backwards.
>
> -Dustin Marquess

ABSOLUTELY NOT! Majordomo doesn't allow links because of its file locking
mechanism. What I do is to redirect my outgoing alias to
majordom-og-list. Then I have a .qmail-og-list in the 'majordom'
account's home directory which is a link to the actual list file. That
way 'majordom' does its own mail delivery. You don't have to mess with
protections or anything. qmailanalog is also more useful.

Chael

--
Chael Hall, nowhere@chaos.taylored.com
Re: majordomo and qmail [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Chael Hall wrote:

> > You need to link $list/testlist to
> >~alias/.qmail-testlist-outgoing, you got it backwards.
> >
> > -Dustin Marquess
>
> ABSOLUTELY NOT! Majordomo doesn't allow links because of its file locking
> mechanism. What I do is to redirect my outgoing alias to
> majordom-og-list. Then I have a .qmail-og-list in the 'majordom'
> account's home directory which is a link to the actual list file. That
> way 'majordom' does its own mail delivery. You don't have to mess with
> protections or anything. qmailanalog is also more useful.

Actually, this is my fault, I misworded my response. In order to
prevent any future confusing, I'll just paste the ln command-line, which
can (hopefully) be read easier :).

ln -sf ~majordom/lists/listname ~alias/.qmail-listname-outgoing

So, however you want to word that, that's how it'd done.

-Dustin Marquess