Mailing List Archive

No Home Directory Type of system
pjh writes:

> I hope this isn't in a FAQ of some sort. Forgive me if it is. I have a
> current sendmail serverthat assigns all users the home directory of
> /home/dialup... so as far as i can ponder(using qmail on my home system)
> i can't find the right man page or doc to figure out how to use qmail on a
> 'homeless' system.

How do they fetch their mail? If they have no home directory, they
must be using POP3 or IMAP. The usual solution is to have all the
mail files owned by ``alias'', and to run a modified checkpassword
which does not switch users (run the qmail-popup as alias, not root),
and hands the /home/dialup/$USER-Mailbox filename to qmail-pop3d.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com> http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software sells network driver support | PGP ok