Mailing List Archive

patches and copyrights
> As I understand the licensing of qmail I can't send anyone diffs

In 1974, Congress organized a commission that spent four years studying
software copyrights.

In 1980, Congress passed the commission's recommendations almost
verbatim, providing several fundamental rights to software users.

In 1997, most software users have no idea that they have these rights.

This is depressing.

See http://pobox.com/~djb/softwarelaw.html.

---Dan
Let your users manage their own mailing lists. http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html
Re: patches and copyrights [ In reply to ]
On 23 Feb 1997, D. J. Bernstein wrote:
> > As I understand the licensing of qmail I can't send anyone diffs
>
> In 1974, Congress organized a commission that spent four years studying
> software copyrights.
>
> In 1980, Congress passed the commission's recommendations almost
> verbatim, providing several fundamental rights to software users.
>
> In 1997, most software users have no idea that they have these rights.
>
> This is depressing.
>
> See http://pobox.com/~djb/softwarelaw.html.

Oops! Check out the "Location:":

taz [19] telnet pobox.com 80