Mailing List Archive

"leave on server" revisited
I went back to the archives to review the
"leave on server" support from qmail-pop3d.
My set up is qmail 0.96, using Maildirs and
qmail-pop3d.

The previous discussion on this centered
on the fact that users weren't able to
leave the mail on the server using a POP client
such as Netscape's mail reader. The basic
answer seemed to be that the reader is
using obsolete POP commands.

We're now experiencing this problem, and it's
unrealistic for all of my users to be converted
to common, non-obsolete-command-using mail
readers.

Is there any way for qmail-pop3d to accommodate
the older commands or will I have to switch back
to the mailbox format so I can use qpopper
or something similar?

Also, when using Internet Explorer as a mail
reader, "Leave on server" appears to work fine,
except that the new messages are being left
in Maildir/new instead of moving to Maildir/cur
like I thought they should. Is this a correct
assumption? If so, why aren't the messages
moving over?

Daryl
Daryl L. Biberdorf darylb@superserve.com