Mailing List Archive

eQmail - Questions and suggestions
Kai,

Now that I have eQmail going on my newly installed Fedora 22 system, I
would like to investigate the advantages of the patches that have been
added.

It would useful for me (and I presume, other people) to have a little
more detail about the patches on the web site:

https://blog.dyndn.es/doku.php?id=blog:2014:10:18_eqmail_1.08

- maybe a short paragraph on each patch about what it does and why it is
wothwhile having it in the code?

Also, some of the English on the web page could be improved a little. I
am happy to help with any corrections and additions if you like?

I have now put back my (unsupported) greylite layer but maybe I should
be considering looking at using a qmail-spp plugin instead?

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia
E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au
Re: eQmail - Questions and suggestions [ In reply to ]
On 2015-06-18 19:35, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Kai,
>
> Now that I have eQmail going on my newly installed Fedora 22 system, I
> would like to investigate the advantages of the patches that have been
> added.
>
> It would useful for me (and I presume, other people) to have a little
> more detail about the patches on the web site:
>
> https://blog.dyndn.es/doku.php?id=blog:2014:10:18_eqmail_1.08
>
> - maybe a short paragraph on each patch about what it does and why it
> is wothwhile having it in the code?

I'm open for new ideas anytime. A bit to the background:

The web site (article) was based of my personal documentation. I did
improve it a bit before publishing. The patches itself are more or less
well documented through the web. I did assume that all the folks on this
list are familiar with it - maybe I'm wrong ;-). My vision is to
reanimate qmail and maybe eQmail could be the core. Nevertheless any
improvement is a step forward.

> Also, some of the English on the web page could be improved a little.
> I am happy to help with any corrections and additions if you like?

This would be a great advantage to me! Any help is really welcome. Maybe
we can do it not through the list? Do you agree? I won't change one
sentence a day.

> I have now put back my (unsupported) greylite layer but maybe I should
> be considering looking at using a qmail-spp plugin instead?

I assume that greylite still works, or?

Re: eQmail - Questions and suggestions [ In reply to ]
Kai,

On , K. Peter wrote:
> On 2015-06-18 19:35, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>> Kai,
>>
>> Now that I have eQmail going on my newly installed Fedora 22 system, I
>> would like to investigate the advantages of the patches that have been
>> added.
>>
>> It would useful for me (and I presume, other people) to have a little
>> more detail about the patches on the web site:
>>
>> https://blog.dyndn.es/doku.php?id=blog:2014:10:18_eqmail_1.08
>>
>> - maybe a short paragraph on each patch about what it does and why it
>> is wothwhile having it in the code?
>
> I'm open for new ideas anytime. A bit to the background:
>
> The web site (article) was based of my personal documentation. I did
> improve it a bit before publishing. The patches itself are more or
> less well documented through the web. I did assume that all the folks
> on this list are familiar with it - maybe I'm wrong ;-). My vision is
> to reanimate qmail and maybe eQmail could be the core. Nevertheless
> any improvement is a step forward.

Yes, I understand that the web site is very idiosyncratic (and that is a
good thing!) but it seems that it has been just what I was looking for
too - so maybe there are others that will find it useful as well if we
could continue to enhance it?

>> Also, some of the English on the web page could be improved a little.
>> I am happy to help with any corrections and additions if you like?
>
> This would be a great advantage to me! Any help is really welcome.
> Maybe we can do it not through the list? Do you agree? I won't change
> one sentence a day.

Yes, talking about that stuff off this list will be better.

>> I have now put back my (unsupported) greylite layer but maybe I should
>> be considering looking at using a qmail-spp plugin instead?
>
> I assume that greylite still works, or?

Yep, it takes out he bulk of the rubbish - I haven't put the
qmail-qfilter + Ruby stuff back yet - I will investigate the plugin
options in the new environment first.

Thanks!

Phhil.
--