Mailing List Archive

An AI-like, potentially Qmail-related project - objective advice (as much as possible) appreciated!
People,

I have been using (net)Qmail for years (on relatively low volume
servers) and have been very happy with it - I have even hacked it around
a bit to make use of qmail-qfilter to test incoming mails, and if they
are suspicious, reject them but also copy them line by line to a file in
a "quarantine" dir for later processing. However, I would by no means
classify myself as an MTA / Qmail "guru" so I thought I might ask the
real gurus here for advice.

I have a new project - part of which I want to interface to my Qmail
setup - but if it turns out to be useful for me, I want to make it
generally available for users of the new web site. The situation is
this:

1. I am setting up a (non-profit so far) web site that allows people to
do a "brain-dump" of their whole life history by talking (via keyboard
so far) to a relatively sophisticated chatbot. The paradigm is that the
chatbot / avatar is a juvenile version of the person themselves, that
has no memory and needs to have the whole life history of the person
retold so that it knows all about itself. The "Avatar" could,
eventually, with increasing information and sophistication, become a
reasonable electronic version of the original person.

2. I also want to make use of the chatbot that we are modifying for (1)
to answer my own emails. Emails that are actually useful and of
interest to me (the real person) could also add to the chatbot
"knowledge" of me as it answers the emails etc.

Since I am constantly overwhelmed with the volume of emails that I get,
I want this electronic version of me to answer them for me (excluding
list mails etc) and at least let the mailer know that I have received
their email.

Now I am partial to Qmail of course, as all people here would be, but if
I want to package (2) as a general facility available to all users of
(1), is using Qmail the best choice? Is anyone here interested in being
involved in this project? Ideas / questions / comments?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades