Mailing List Archive

Compiling DaemonTools on Solaris 10
Hi,

I am attempting to get Qmail going on a Solaris 10 server. Qmail and ucspi= have been compiled and installed ok.

Daemontools, however, is hanging here....

<SNIP>

rm -f svscanboot

cat warn-auto.sh svscanboot.sh \

| sed s}HOME}"`head -1 home`"}g \

> svscanboot

chmod 555 svscanboot

./compile svstat.c

./load svstat time.a unix.a byte.a

./compile tai64n.c

./load tai64n timestamp.o time.a unix.a byte.a ./compile tai64nlocal.c ./load tai64nlocal unix.a byte.a env - /bin/sh rts.tests 2>&1 | cat -v > rts

*** Signal 9 (that's me killing it from another SSH session)

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `rts'

</SNIP>

Truss says it is just sleeping forever...

root@foo:/package/admin/daemontools-0.76/src]$<mailto:root@foo:/package/admin/daemontools-0.76/src%5d$> truss -p 22011 waitid(P_PID, 22013, 0xFFBFF9D0, WEXITED|WTRAPPED|WNOWAIT) (sleeping...)

I made the requisite changes to error.h as per the Life With Qmail HOWTO...= . Would anyone know why these tests are just hanging here forever? Any ins= ight would be most appreciated.

Cheers from Seattle,

Jg
Re: Compiling DaemonTools on Solaris 10 [ In reply to ]
Thus said John Giordano on Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:06:59 -0500:

> Daemontools, however, is hanging here....

I have run into this before but haven't had the time to track it down.
Basically, one of the tests is failing to complete.

./load tai64n timestamp.o time.a unix.a byte.a
./compile tai64nlocal.c
./load tai64nlocal unix.a byte.a
env - /bin/sh rts.tests 2>&1 | cat -v > rts

From another terminal:

root@solaris11.1:/package/admin/daemontools-0.76# ./command/svstat compile/rts-tmp/test.sv
compile/rts-tmp/test.sv: down 161 seconds

Notice that the service has already come down, but the test doesn't
detect it. To make it continue on, just do:

root@solaris11.1:/package/admin/daemontools-0.76# ./command/svc -dx compile/rts-tmp/test.sv

And then the install will complete.

Andy
Re: Compiling DaemonTools on Solaris 10 [ In reply to ]
Thus said "Andy Bradford" on 19 Mar 2013 18:07:01 -0600:

> root@solaris11.1:/package/admin/daemontools-0.76# ./command/svc -dx compile/r
ts-tmp/test.sv

I think this was wrong, I meant:

root@solaris11.1:/package/admin/daemontools-0.76# ./command/svc -u compile/rts-tmp/test.sv

This is where it hangs:

--- svc -ox works
hi
--- svstat works for up services
.: up (pid x) x seconds, normally down
--- svc -u works
svc: warning: unable to control test.sv: supervise not running

So it should be trying to bring up the service (not sure why it didn't).

Andy
RE: Compiling DaemonTools on Solaris 10 [ In reply to ]
Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for the reply... I will look more into tomorrow morn but I think you are on the right track here because I saw the test.sv hanging out in the process list. In fact, I tried a few different goes of getting it to compile so there were three of these in the process list- one from each attempted compile of daemontools.

I went ahead and installed daemontools via OpenCSW and it worked sweet. I will think about whether or not I want to run with the package from OpenCSW or go for another compile.

Have a good one,
jg