--eh.

--
Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de | PGP Key-Id: 7E4034BE
Re: Ezmlm.org domain [ In reply to ]
Hi Erwin,

You may do that of course. I also prophylactically snatched up
ezmlm-idx.org to prevent domain speculation.

I've been in touch with Bruce G. and I do have the identity of the person
who was the previous domain registrant.

My only concern about this whole mess with the domain is how to keep it
from recurring. As I understand the current situation, the previous
registrant of ezmlm.org had an invalid e-mail on record with the registrar
and so didn't get the expiration warnings. But even without that sort of a
mess, someone could easily fall ill or have other issues, and there needs
to be a succession plan and a better way to do this.

For example, I'm 49, eat too much at McDonald's and Starbucks, ride a
motorcycle, have a pilot's license, and also drink and gamble excessively.
The list of things that could kill me in any given week is substantial. I
could catch a bullet between the eyes from another Blackjack player because
I'm counting cards and split 10's--and that is probably my smallest risk. :
)

OK, you could register ezmlm.net (if you haven't already), or I could
donate ezmlm-idx.org for group use. But how do we have joint ownership or
somehow keep the mistake that happened with ezmlm.org from recurring?

It seems to me we ought to answer those questions before we select a domain
name or try to obtain or rebuild the mailing list ...

Thanks, Dave Ashley

Re: Ezmlm.org domain [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 09:11:39PM +0200, Erwin Hoffmann wrote:

> (upps. what is happening with qmail.org ?)

Russ Nelson appears to be focusing on other things these days, or is
busy, or something. Sent him a djbdns-related mail a few months ago and
didn't receive a response. Speaking of which, his tinydns.org domain is
about to expire:

Domain Name:TINYDNS.ORG
Created On:24-May-2000 16:17:40 UTC
Last Updated On:26-May-2011 05:01:47 UTC
Expiration Date:24-May-2012 16:17:40 UTC

> I'm willing to set up a new domain 'ezmlm.net' (running on my server --
> with ezmlm of course) hosting the domain and to support it to some
> extend.

You own ezmlm.net?

Nicolai
Re: Ezmlm.org domain [ In reply to ]
Hi

Am 21.05.2012 um 21:38 schrieb Nicolai:

> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 09:11:39PM +0200, Erwin Hoffmann wrote:
>
>> (upps. what is happening with qmail.org ?)
>
> Russ Nelson appears to be focusing on other things these days, or is
> busy, or something. Sent him a djbdns-related mail a few months ago and
> didn't receive a response. Speaking of which, his tinydns.org domain is
> about to expire:
>
> Domain Name:TINYDNS.ORG
> Created On:24-May-2000 16:17:40 UTC
> Last Updated On:26-May-2011 05:01:47 UTC
> Expiration Date:24-May-2012 16:17:40 UTC

Uff.

>> I'm willing to set up a new domain 'ezmlm.net' (running on my server --
>> with ezmlm of course) hosting the domain and to support it to some
>> extend.
>
> You own ezmlm.net?

Not yet. But to my knowledge it is still free.

I just does want the community to ask for a 'go' and perhaps the input and some links to be re-adjusted.

I'm still planning to support qmail & add-ons on a larger scale -- check my website under 'ip-networks'.

regards.
--eh.

--
Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de | PGP Key-Id: 7E4034BE
Re: Ezmlm.org domain [ In reply to ]
On 21/05/12 21:24, Erwin Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi
>

> Am 21.05.2012 um 21:38 schrieb Nicolai:
>
>> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 09:11:39PM +0200, Erwin Hoffmann wrote:
>>
>>> (upps. what is happening with qmail.org ?)
>>
>> Russ Nelson appears to be focusing on other things these days, or is
>> busy, or something. Sent him a djbdns-related mail a few months ago and
>> didn't receive a response. Speaking of which, his tinydns.org domain is
>> about to expire:
>>
>> Domain Name:TINYDNS.ORG
>> Created On:24-May-2000 16:17:40 UTC
>> Last Updated On:26-May-2011 05:01:47 UTC
>> Expiration Date:24-May-2012 16:17:40 UTC
>

> Uff.
>

>>> I'm willing to set up a new domain 'ezmlm.net' (running on my server --
>>> with ezmlm of course) hosting the domain and to support it to some
>>> extend.
>>
>> You own ezmlm.net?
>>

> Not yet. But to my knowledge it is still free.

It is already registered
Domain name: ezmlm.net

Registrant Contact:

Kenny Tsui ()

Fax:
107 Galleria Pky
unit 1
Thornhill, Ontario L3T7X4
CA

--
-----------------
Bob Hutchinson
Re: Ezmlm.org domain [ In reply to ]
On Monday 21 May 2012 20:11:39 Erwin Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ezmlm.org has disappeared.
>
> (upps. what is happening with qmail.org ?)
>
> I'm willing to set up a new domain 'ezmlm.net' (running on my server --
> with ezmlm of course) hosting the domain and to support it to some extend.
>
> Does anyone have the current content and the list of subscribers ?

I think Bruce Guenter has been holding the fort for ezmlm. He's got a recent
archive here,
untroubled.org/ezmlm/

cheers,

Andrew.
* Custom email solutions * Systems Administration * Networking
http://www.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/qmail.html
Re: Ezmlm.org domain [ In reply to ]
Nicolai writes:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 09:11:39PM +0200, Erwin Hoffmann wrote:
>
> > (upps. what is happening with qmail.org ?)
>
> Russ Nelson appears to be focusing on other things these days, or is
> busy, or something. Sent him a djbdns-related mail a few months ago and
> didn't receive a response.

Yeah, I don't know enough about dnscurve to say whether the patch
should be up or not.

> Speaking of which, his tinydns.org domain is about to expire:
> Domain Name:TINYDNS.ORG
> Created On:24-May-2000 16:17:40 UTC
> Last Updated On:26-May-2011 05:01:47 UTC
> Expiration Date:24-May-2012 16:17:40 UTC

Not to worry, I keep track of such things.

--
--my blog is at http://blog.russnelson.com
Crynwr supports open source software