Mailing List Archive

send mail from multiple ip's
i did a quick search on google for the subject and came up with several
different scenerios for sending mail from multiple ip's on a single
server. does anyone have what they consider the simplest solution? i'm
running netqmail-1.06 and installed via lifewithqmail.

thx,
Re: send mail from multiple ip's [ In reply to ]
I got a few very quick responses and realize i didn't explain it clearly
enough, my apologies.

I have a server with 4 different ip addresses and dns entries:
1.2.3.10 => mailw
1.2.3.20 => mailx
1.2.3.30 => maily
1.2.3.40 => mailz

i need to send mail from each of the domains and corresponding ip
addresses. we're using sh and perl scripts to invoke a db of customer
email addresses and calling out which server to utilize. the headers
need to properly identify which server it came from.

i think we'd need some additional control files, as well as some tweaks
to the ENV variables and something in front of qmail-local and
qmail-remote, not exactly sure, maybe there's a quick and dirty patch or
something?

Re: send mail from multiple ip's [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:19 AM, kirk <kirk@icapsolutions.com> wrote:

> I got a few very quick responses and realize i didn't explain it clearly enough, my apologies.
>
> I have a server with 4 different ip addresses and dns entries:
> 1.2.3.10 => mailw
> 1.2.3.20 => mailx
> 1.2.3.30 => maily
> 1.2.3.40 => mailz
>
> i need to send mail from each of the domains and corresponding ip addresses.  we're using sh and perl scripts to invoke a db of customer email addresses and calling out which server to utilize.  the headers need to properly identify which server it came from.

There is an outgoingip patch for netqmail. There is also the
domainbinding patch by Charles Cazabon, which sets the outgoing IP
based on the sender address. Do a search on the above and maybe, one
of them will meet your needs.

The most flexible solution IMHO is to modify the outgoingip patch to
use OUTGOINGIP environment variable. You can then use my DKIM patch
for netqmail. It has a feature where you can call your own program or
script instead  of qmail-remote. Set the OUTGOINGIP environment
variable depending on the recipient (which is already there in your
database).

You may want to take a look at balance_outgoing script at
http://indimail.blogspot.in/2011/01/distributing-your-outgoing-mails-from.html

You can download the DKIM patch (which has the ability to insert your
own script before the actual remote delivery) from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/indimail/files/netqmail-addons/

Unfortunately the above does not include the outgoingip patch. If you
know a bit of C programming, you will find everything at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/indimail/files/Patches/qmail-1.03.patch.gz/download
Re: send mail from multiple ip's [ In reply to ]
Hi

if you are interested: My Spamcontrol patch supports different outgoing IPs.

However, you need to bind those to the SENDING (mail from:) information.

Check: http://www.fehcom.de/qmail.html

regards.
--eh.

Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de | PGP Key-Id: 7E4034BE
Re: send mail from multiple ip's [ In reply to ]
i've installed a fresh qmail install (via lifewithqmail) on Fedora 16
along with lukasfeiler.com-bigqmail.patch and everything appears to be
running. i did have to add this one step for getting the svscan daemon
running, here it is just in case anyone cares:
$ vi /usr/local/etc/svscan.service
~~~ put this in it:
[Unit]
Description=Daemontools svscan

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/svscanboot
Restart=on-abort

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
$ ln -s /usr/local/etc/svscan.service /etc/systemd/system
$ systemctl start svscan.service

but that was minor. since i needed the patch for 2 features,
concurrencyremote and outgoingips, his patch seemed reasonable.
however, i cant find any documentation as to configure the various
features, and i cant seem to connect on port 25 which obviously fails
due to the smtp_auth patch.

this link appears to be dead: http://shupp.org/smtp-auth-tls so i dont
know what to change in what i think is /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run.

does (or has) anyone used this and can you point me to the doc page for
configuration?

thanks
kirk