Mailing List Archive

Help on Virtual Domains
mazzoni@iii.iii.it writes:
> I haven't found nothing about using qmail with virtual domains.
> Where i can find some examples and info?

Virtualdomains are how qmail routes mail. It's quite a simple yet
powerful design. The basic principle is that mail that has entered
the queue is marked as local or remote: if it's a virtualdomain ( as
determined by being found in the file /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains),
the mail is marked as local with the envelope destination rewritten
with the right-hand-side of the matching virtualdomains line
prepended. qmail then goes through its usual local delivery algorithm
-- search for a matching user (use ``alias'' if none match), then
search for a matching .qmail file in that directory.

So, if you wanted to receive all mail sent to the virtualdomain
example.com, you would put 'example.com:mazzoni' into virtualdomains,
and create a .qmail-default file.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com> http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software sells network driver support | PGP ok