capability, even if they never use it.

Thanks for any input,

Michael Merideth
Re: Pine and pop and qmail [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Michael Merideth wrote:

> First: Is there a Maildir-capable version of Pine forthcoming? Anyone
> know?

Last I heard, Pine 4.0 will _not_ support maildir natively unless some
demand for it exists within the University of Washington. Pine, however,
will address the bug mentioned in the qmail FAQ ("Why does pine keep
crashing when I try to send mail?"). Again, this is hearsay.

jms
Re: Pine and pop and qmail [ In reply to ]
> First: Is there a Maildir-capable version of Pine forthcoming? Anyone
> know?

The right question to ask is probably "is anyone working on IMAP
support for Maildir?" and "how can I help?"

--
Raul
Re: Pine and pop and qmail [ In reply to ]
>> First: Is there a Maildir-capable version of Pine forthcoming? Anyone
>> know?
>
>The right question to ask is probably "is anyone working on IMAP
>support for Maildir?" and "how can I help?"
>
>--
>Raul

Okay, fair enough. Is anyone working on IMAP support for Maildir? How
(bearing in mind that I am a rank amateur) can I help?

Mike

Michael Merideth
mike@cumulus.org
Cumulus Internet Services, LLC
http://www.horsetooth.com
Phone: 970.498.0183 FAX:
970.416.8414
Re: Pine and pop and qmail [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Raul Miller wrote:

> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:55:54 -0500
> From: Raul Miller <rdm@rdm.legislate.com>
> To: mike@horsetooth.com
> Subject: Re: Pine and pop and qmail
>
> > First: Is there a Maildir-capable version of Pine forthcoming? Anyone
> > know?
>
> The right question to ask is probably "is anyone working on IMAP
> support for Maildir?" and "how can I help?"
>
> --
> Raul

I just hacked in APOP support to the POP2/POP3/IMAP (Pine) server the
other day. (See ftp://summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/qmail for patches) and I
would be interested in working with someone on this possibly.

David Wayne Summers "Linux: The choice of a GNU generation."
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us PGP Public Key available on request.
PGP Key fingerprint = C0 E0 4F 50 DD A9 B6 2B 60 A1 31 7E D2 28 6D A8