Mailing List Archive

mail from: creates error
I installed qmail and got problems when I connected to port 25 of
my machine. The command "mail from: user" always resulted in a syntax
error (5.5.4).
A message to qmail-inject works but I am also unable to
connect from a remote host to port 25. At first the error message
"host isn't in my recipient list" occured although I had the entries
domain.tld
.domain.tld
in rcpthosts. When I added the full name of the remote machine mail
loops occured.

I think there is something wrong with the inetd and wrapper
configuration, but don't know what. So I still have to use sendmail.

Any hints appreciated.

Werner

P.S. Is the ETRN command supported by qmail?