Phone : +61-3-9818 2977 PrimeNet - Internet Consultancy
Facsimile: +61-3-9819 3788 Web : <URL:http://www.primenet.com.au/>
Mobile : 0412 162 441
Re: Problems with deferred messages [ In reply to ]
Re: Problems with deferred messages [ In reply to ]
Jos Backus wrote:
:Hm, I have been seeing the same thing at times. Sending an alarm signal
:doesn't work but rerunning qmail invariably does. Maybe the remote site's
:listen() queue gets overflowed and connections get reset as a result? (But
:that would preclude the rerun from working as well, I guess). Do some mails at
:least get through? In my case they would all stay in the queue.

I don't have it happen often. I suspect it won't have anything to do with
the remote site/s, and I can't remember if any deferred messages got sent if
qmail when into that state. Probably not. When I've noticed it happening
they've just been queueing for one or two sites. I suspect some internal
checking is not done correctly and old information is used, ie. information
like that given by qmail-tcpto is not ignored when SIGALRM is sent to
qmail-send
--
Geoff Wing [mason@primenet.com.au] Technical Manager
Re: Problems with deferred messages [ In reply to ]