Mailing List Archive

Pesky period.
If my mail user agent (Pine 3.93) is configured to submit mail by running
qmail-inject, qmail seems to append a single line containing only a period
to the end of the message. In addition, any periods at the beginning of
the line are doubled.

For example:

.

If Pine is configured to submit mail by connecting via SMTP to localhost
(i.e., via qmail-smtpd), the message body gets transmitted without any
changes.

I'd like to have Pine submit via qmail-inject, in order to take advantage
of MAILHOST/MAILUSER header rewriting. Is there a way for me to avoid the
funny behavior with the periods?