Mailing List Archive

unsubscribing from the *old* list
OK, I've tried sending much mail to python-list-request@cwi.nl, with no
results. How do I get off this beast? I remember an old mail explaining how
to transition from the old list to the new, but for the life of me I can't
remember it...

ta,
unsubscribing from the *old* list [ In reply to ]

MN> OK, I've tried sending much mail to
MN> python-list-request@cwi.nl, with no results. How do I get off
MN> this beast? I remember an old mail explaining how to
MN> transition from the old list to the new, but for the life of
MN> me I can't remember it...

I think you just need to be patient. The old list is manually
administered by a (busy) human[1] who probably batches requests. It
may take a little time to get unsub'd.

BTW, I think the new list[2] is working very well. I'd almost
recommend we move everybody en masse, except that I suspect there's
still at least one more quadratic algorithm lurking in the Pipermail.
Toward the end of every month, as the archive gets large, python.org
just gets slammed. I haven't had time to investigate further.

-Barry

[1] some *other* busy human who is not me :)