Mailing List Archive

16-bit Python -- does it exist?
Subject says all. A friend (really!) would like to run Python on an old
80286. Possible?

--
Alexander Staubo http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"QED?" said Russell.
"It's Latin," said Morgan. "It means, 'So there you bastard'."
--Robert Rankin, _Nostramadus Ate My Hamster_
16-bit Python -- does it exist? [ In reply to ]
Alexander Staubo wrote:

> Subject says all. A friend (really!) would like to run Python on an old
> 80286. Possible?

Python for 32-bit DOS and for Windows 3.1 are on the
download page www.python.org/download.

Jim Ahlstrom
16-bit Python -- does it exist? [ In reply to ]
In article <37B81212.733CDD9B@interet.com>, jim@interet.com says...
> Alexander Staubo wrote:
> >
> > Subject says all. A friend (really!) would like to run Python on an old
> > 80286. Possible?
>
> Python for 32-bit DOS and for Windows 3.1 are on the
> download page www.python.org/download.

Read the subject again. 32-bit Python won't run on a 286.

16-bit Python -- does it exist? [ In reply to ]
In article <MPG.1224b6155e949206989686@news.mop.no>,
Alexander Staubo <earlybird@mop.no> wrote:
>In article <37B81212.733CDD9B@interet.com>, jim@interet.com says...
>> Alexander Staubo wrote:
>> >
>> > Subject says all. A friend (really!) would like to run Python on an old
>> > 80286. Possible?
>>
>> Python for 32-bit DOS and for Windows 3.1 are on the
>> download page www.python.org/download.
>
>Read the subject again. 32-bit Python won't run on a 286.
.
.
.
The URL is a useful one, though. You'll find lots
of variations of interest (memory extenders? OS/2?).
I'm running a version 1.0.1 port <URL:http://
www.python.org/ftp/python/pc/16python.exe.gz> on a
few 8086 and 8088 space heaters I maintain. They
become very handy calculators.
--

Cameron Laird http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html
claird@NeoSoft.com +1 281 996 8546 FAX